Friday, August 27, 2010

every moment is a moment of grace


I express to you my deepest gratitude. No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night. We know that every moment is a moment of grace, every hour an offering; not to share them would mean to betray them. Our lives no longer belong to us alone; they belong to all those who need us desperately.

Elie Wiesel

I keep being reminded that my word for the year is grace. I decided to look it up this evening and found from only one source that grace has at least 20 definitions.

My favorite is this: "the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them."

What's your favorite? I wish that for you.

4 comments:

Deb Shucka said...

Love this. Grace is my favorite concept because I think it holds everything that matters within, including love. I think one of my favorite understandings is that grace means you don't have to work to be loved or understood.

graceonline said...

I don't know about formal definitions, but my Grandmother Grace was a feisty, passionate, opinionated little woman who belied her name, yet the love that poured from her directly into me was healing and nourished my body and my soul. I call that grace.

Thank you, Grandma! I feel you watching and chortling as I write this.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I'll take some regeneration and strengthening grace any day!

Joan said...

Another beautiful photo!