Thursday, August 05, 2010

love thursday 08.05.10 ~ being seen


Many people are hungry not for bread only, but they are hungry for ... love. Many people are not only naked for want of a piece of cloth, but they are naked for human dignity ... Homelessness is not only not having a home made of bricks, but homelessness is being rejected, unwanted, unloved, uncared for. People have forgotten what the human touch is, what it is to smile, for somebody to smile at them, somebody to recognize them, somebody to wish them well.

~ Mother Teresa ~

We are not really loved until we are seen. Purely the raw form of who we are.

If I don't see you but only my expectations, assumptions, or prejudices I am not loving you.

We all need to be seen. Look at someone today. Are they really who you think they are? Or can you see them better? Love them better?

I know I need to see more clearly. Only then will I also love more dearly.



5 comments:

Joan said...

Wow! Actually this is a reminder that we should "do unto others...." Wise Mother Teresa. Wise Wanda.

Tracy said...

Beautiful post, Wanda... yours and Mother Terea's words are full of wisdom we can use. And I'm with you--orange cat-boys are the best! ;o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

kario said...

This is lovely. Thanks for your thoughts today.

graceonline said...

Thank you for the reminder, Wanda. Many is the time that a homeless person has thanked me for stopping and talking to them on the street and for remembering their name next time I saw them. Some have told me, late in the evening, that I am the only person who has spoken to them, looked them in the eye, all day and that they would rather have that than money or food.

Thank you, too, for the reminder to be present for the people I am with, rather than bringing my old experiences and assumptions to the table. What a difference that could make in our every day lives!

Deb Shucka said...

Starting with ourselves. Lovely piece.