Thursday, November 10, 2011

love thursday 11.10.11 ~ everybody loves something



If we were to ask the Buddha, “What is bodhichitta?” he might tell us that this word is easier to understand than to translate. Chitta means “mind” and also “heart” or “attitude.” Bodhi means “awake,” “enlightened,” or “completely open.” Sometimes the completely open heart and mind of bodhichitta is called the soft spot, a place as vulnerable and tender as an open wound. It is equated, in part, with our ability to love. Even the cruelest people have this soft spot. Even the most vicious animals love their offspring. As Trungpa Rinpoche put it, “Everybody loves something, even if it’s only tortillas.

Pema Chodron

from The Places That Scare You

I wish you could have seen the moon from my place last night. A huge glow encircled the full moon. Venus glowed at 4:00 on the dial. You can barely see the arc at the top of the picture above, but the ring was distinct all the way around.

Sometimes I think about how we are all looking at the same moon. I know that is cliché, but Truth is what makes clichés what they are.

Come to think about it...

...the ring reminded me of a tortilla.

1 comment:

graceonline said...

First you make me think, then you lead me to a place of awe, then you make me laugh. Fun.