Friday, April 29, 2011

from the sublime to the mundane

(on the left--not a ray of light...but whiskers!)

Ever since you asked me to write for you and your friends about the spiritual life, I have been wondering if there might be one word I would most want you to remember when you finished reading all I wish to say. Over the past year, that special word has gradually emerged from the depths of my own heart. It is the word "Beloved," and I am convinced that it has been given to me for the sake of you and your friends.

Henri Nouwen

All of it--the sublime to the mundane--is of the Beloved.

Yesterday, the sublime--spa day. Today, the mundane--all day CEU workshop. I am trying to remind myself that it is all from the Beloved.

Even the quotes are from the Beloved.

So...how was your spa day?

2 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

Beloved.

Such a beautiful word.

Puanani said...

My spa day was lived vicariously through you and it was sublime. Thank you!