Friday, April 08, 2011

optimist



Optimist: someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's a cha-cha.

Robert Brault

He is an optimist, and he dances through life knowing that what he needs will come his way and he is adored.

I get to wake up to this face every morning. This one and his brother's.

They are very respectful of my sleep and almost never wake me. When I start to rise from sleep and roll over in the morning, they park themselves and stare at me. It is my great pleasure to greet the day with their faces being the first living beings I see.

And the beat goes on....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i need to stay positive and think good thoughts right now. i can do it, i can do it ... (repeat as necessary!)

kario said...

Gorgeous! My cat is also kind when I'm sleeping, but as soon as I begin to stir, she plants herself on my chest and heat-butts me until I open my eyes and scratch her neck.

Deb Shucka said...

Okay, I'm really jealous. Mine decide when it's time for me to get up by sitting on my chest and biting my chin and yeowing for good measure.

Even so they make me smile and make me glad. Cha cha cha!

graceonline said...

What a point of view! We're not losing ground. We're dancing! Thank you!

Salome used to brush her big, Persian tale in my face when she was ready for me to waken. That's how I learned I sometimes, ahem, sleep with my mouth open.