Sunday, June 07, 2009

"what about 12.21.12?" a reader asks



Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
~ John Wheeler ~



What does Wanda think, and what would she do, about the impending 12-21-12?


CWL



December 21st of 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar. This ancient Mesoamerican calendar has come under scrutiny in the last several years by many scholars and scientists because it ends on the winter solstice in 2012. I am intrigued by the concept and have read a number of books and articles discussing the upcoming date and what it might mean.

No one knows exactly. Some prophesy the end of the world. Some say nothing noticeable will happen. Some say that what happens is still being decided by what we do now. Many scholars and scientists have written volumes and I encourage you to take a look at some of their writings to get the big picture and the reasoning behind their thoughts.

One of my favorites is Gregg Braden. I am currently reading Fractal Time. Here, in essence, Gregg discusses our holographic universe and says that by looking at patterns that have occurred throughout history, we can look at what conditions will be in place for events in the future. He has discovered a formula that allows him to look at specific dates and the patterns informing the conditions based on previous cycles. In this book, Gregg looks specifically at 2012 and the conditions he expects to be in place based on his formula.

I haven't finished reading the book yet, so I can't tell you everything that he has found. However, reading his books and other articles I come across informs my opinion of what we might experience in 2012.

First of all, that date will not be an event. I don't expect an apocalypse or the Rapture or any huge catastrophic world phenomenon. Whatever the pattern is that culminates on that date is already in process, therefore is unfolding as we speak. So I subscribe to the theory that says: No one knows what will happen and it is happening and unfolding now as we make decisions on personal, national, and global stages. What we do today matters, so we need to make the choice now to develop the world into what we want it to be.

Second, around 12.21.12 the solar system will be approaching the "equator" of the galaxy. I am not an astrologer. I can't begin to share the ramifications of such a configuration. However, I can tell you that something as regular and mundane as Mercury going retrograde can really screw with the flow of my life, so I am guessing that approaching a galactic configuration of some sort would be much more potent. I just hope it is good.

Third, whenever I hear about "the end of the calendar" I am reminded of the Bible saying that "time will be no more." What is the calendar, but a measure of time? And what is time, but a construct that prevents everything from happening at once? What will that look like when time is no more? Is 12.21.12 the date when that occurs? Could be...or not. And what happens when time is no more? Do we move into the next dimension? Will it be like X Files or Twilight Zone or...?

I fully expect to wake up on 12.22.12 and find that it feels very much like the day before, but that doesn't mean that nothing happened--nothing is changing. We may be moving into a new age--one that we are all deciding today. We may be moving into the next dimension--or maybe the Mothership will come for us all. I don't know and neither does anyone else. What I can tell you is this--change is coming...big or small...incremental or sudden.

Whatever it is...I am holding out for something good.

What do you think?

3 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

I had a similar conversation with a friend the other day about this date. I am going to do nothing differently in preparation, just as I didn't for Y2K. Jah is on my side so why should I live in fear?

That's my take on it.

Interesting though.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I like, and agree, with the belief that the change is already under way. It definitely feels like we're living in highly evolving times.

Thank you for this.

elsa said...

i *love* gregg braden!
i'm here for simple things but will be back- i promise!