Friday, October 09, 2009

we all must be peace


It is not the product of a victory or a command. It has no finishing line, no final deadline, no fixed definition of achievement. Peace is a never-ending process, the work of many decisions by many people in many countries. It is an attitude, a way of life, a way of solving problems and resolving conflicts.

~ Oscar Arias Sanchez ~
Excerpted from his 1987 Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech


In a few more days, I will be headed out of town for a week. If all goes well, I will have internet service and be able to post from my destination--Victoria, BC. If not...well, I guess you won't be hearing from me for a while. I am staying at the same place I went last time, however, so I am assuming that the internet will work.

A few days fewer than that, I am headed out of town closer to continue the project at my mom's house. We are getting close. Painting this weekend. Yes!

And today...Friday...I get a massage.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hope the project at Mom's goes without a hitch.

Hope the trip to BC is as fun as the last one when I was there! Will you miss me?

Enjoy your massage--you deserve it!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Take an A for getting a massage! I went last Friday (first time in years) and it was pure heaven. Wish I could do it weekly!