Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thanksgiving begins

This nation is affluent and has more than it needs. The realization that what we have is a free gift can deepen our desire to share this gift with others who cry out for help. When we bless the fruits of the harvest, let us at least realize that blessed fruits need to be shared.

~ Henri J.M. Nouwen ~
from his book
The Genesee Diary

Today is our first Thanksgiving meal of the year. Thursday, I will have two Thanksgiving meals...one with my dad and one with family/friends.

I have much I am thankful for--not the least of which is you.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Very Thankful to have met you this fall, Wanda... I enjoy visiting here each week. :o) Wishing you & yours a very blessed Thanksgiving ((HUGS))

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Happy ThanksgivingS!

Joan said...

Happy Thanksgiving, All! And you, Wanda, are right up there at the top of the list for those that I am thankful for!

Relyn Lawson said...

I wanted to stop by tonight and wish you a happy, happy Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is bound to be crazy and I didn't want the holiday to pass without me wishing you the happiest, most delicious Thanksgiving ever.