Saturday, September 12, 2009

ethics

(saint francis pond, franciscan renewal center, scottsdale)

The shortest and surest way to live with honor in the world is to be in reality what we would appear to be.

~ Socrates ~
(469-399 BC)
Greek Philosopher


This morning I'm going to Eugene for a CEU class on ethics. I'll miss the kittens. I am sure they will be twice as big when I get home as they were when I left.

On another note...

I finally got the sprinkler valve installed and as of 9:00 p.m. it wasn't leaking. However, I haven't finished the job because I had to dig out the box and several inches of mud, and then put down new crushed rock. I'll set the box on bricks this time because I had to dig down so low to get below the drain valves.

Speaking of being what one appears to be (and ethics)...the builder wasn't (and didn't have any).

So--good Lord willing and the blue glue holds--if I get home early enough from Eugene, I might have some daylight to work on the project. I would love to get this part done before I head out of town for a couple days.

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I wish you time, strength and energy to complete all your projects.

And I am sure that you won't learn any more about ethics than you already know and practice.

Love you, thithter!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ethics. So underrated.

christina said...

i love everything about this. i wish i were there. i hope, you had fun.