Friday, September 18, 2009

mary


(from the web site: www.peterpaulandmary.com)


We’ve learned that it will take more than one generation to bring about change. The fight for civil rights has developed into a broader concern for human rights, and that encompasses a great many people and countries. Those of us who live in a democracy have a responsibility to be the voice for those whose voices are stilled.

~ Mary Travers ~
(from www.marytravers.com)

I loved their music and I can't tell you how many times I have seen them in concert. "I can't tell you" not because it is a secret, but because I have lost count.

Mary,

You have changed the world by your presence and your work. Thank you.

I am sad at your passing and oh, so grateful for your life and work. May you receive all the accolades and blessings that you deserve for championing the rights of others.

My own folk singing "career" covered a lot of their songs. PP&M will live forever in my heart, my repertoire, and in my musical collection.

4 comments:

SE'LAH... said...

So sad. It's been quite a year of losing superstars.

(hugs)

christina said...

oh, what a beautiful legacy, she leaves behind.
such a lovely tribute.
xo

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. (And how about that her name is/was Mary?)

Anonymous said...

OMG what a stunning portrait!