Wednesday, September 23, 2009

wind


Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.

~ George Bernard Shaw ~
(1856-1950)
Irish Playwright

Hot winds blew today. Ninety-one degrees and dry. Hot winds are blamed for Vincent Van Gogh going off his rocker and cutting off his ear. I get it.

Half of the planets in my astrological chart reside in water signs. 36% are in fire and 14% are in air. No earth. I have no earth in my chart. So when the wind blows, it ruffles my water--not in a good way. The only time I like wind is when I am sailing.

Today, I didn't have a boat.

3 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Maybe that's what was going on over here. We were all blowing around recklessly.

Susan O'Neil said...

I can totally relate.

julochka said...

i read a really cool post about the positive nature of the wind on this blog: http://suecae.blogspot.com/2009/08/waves-of-wind.html it made me think that the next time the wind blows, i'm going to grab my camera and enjoy the wind. :-)