Monday, August 24, 2009

jump


Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to "jump at the Sun." We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground.

~ Zora Neale Hurston ~
(1903-1960)
American Writer
Is there anything you are feeling is out of your reach? What if you were to jump--jump at the Sun?

Some days, the best I can do is step off the ledge. That works, too. The point is take the next step.

Jump up. Step off. You never know. Maybe you can fly. I can. One day I will remember.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

This is a very uplifting post, Wanda... very timely, as I am in the process of taking some tiny, baby steps toward something new. Soon I will jump! :o) Happy Days...

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Great reminder. Thank you.

Joan said...

We will never know what could be if we don't take that first step. Thanks for the encouragement!

hooray said...

Love the photo! Love Zora!

And a lot feels out of my reach right now! But I still get up everyday! ;-)