Saturday, August 29, 2009

putting the emPHASis on the right sylLAble

(mijo on the keys)

Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they
are.

~ Malcolm Forbes ~

(1919-1990)
American Publisher


The song continues. I wake up in the middle of the dark morning and it is there.

"Leavin' on the last train to Georgia.... I'd rather live in his world than live without him in mine."

Now more of the lyrics are there (even though it is still "last train" instead of "midnight train"). Somehow the second part seems important. And I still haven't a clue.

No one responded with any ideas last time. How about a clue--someone? Anyone?

Many thanks in advance.

5 comments:

margie said...

i wonder. is this significant or is it just that you actually remember the words to this catchy song. certainly this is one of those songs that i am always able to sing along with, slightly amazed that i know all the words. or perhaps wanda you have some sort of secret life???

SE'LAH... said...

google the lyrics...lol.

your kitties are so adventurous.

Wanda said...

Se'lah: I have Googled the lyrics. Didn't give me any insight and may have confused me more.

Margie: I'll go with the secret life explanation until I get something else that resonates. It is a catchy song, but not one that usually comes to mind for me. AND this has been going on for DAYS. DAYS, I tell you. And it is THERE when I wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning. Hmm.

Joan said...

Maybe you will get an explanation soon if you just wait long enough. Or maybe you will pick up your guitar and sing your own rendition of the song and record it and become famous. Or maybe one day the song won't be in your head any more....not much help, huh?

Michelle O'Neil said...

HT sings all of the Pips parts in that song to perfection.

-"Too much for the man. He couldn't make it."

-"I KNOW you will."

Of course, the video you posted will help him with the moves.

And the kittens! So cute!